Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bentong Trip

During holiday, me & bro join Jping's family to bentong farm to do some deepavali fishing. The trip really came at the right time as i was really worn out by AS finals and i really needed a break dearly.

We left for bentong around 7.30 and had breakfast at a restaurant just around the bus station. You gotta try out their wantan mee and their famous Charsiew pau which unfortunately was sold out that day.

We reached the farm around 10+ in the morning. As usual we were greeted by barking dogs which will turn friendly once you come out from your car. Weird aint it. The air was 100 times fresher compared to the cities and it was really a good day to do some fishing as the sun wasnt that glaring.

Biggest pond in the farm.


Overall , it was a fruitful trip. We caught more than 50 sizeable red tilapia , 1 Jelawat. J.Ping was rewarded with a kilo+ haruan ( striped snakehead) with his endless casting effort. As for me, it wasnt a good day at all, my uncle broke my newly bought casting rod while trying to retrieve my snagged lure. So, its just bait fishing for me. Although I dint catch anything worth mentioning but as the saying goes "A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work "



Table-sized tilapia

Juping with his captive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home